Welcome to Social Feed Manager!¶
Social Feed Manager is a Django application developed by George Washington University Libraries to collect social media data from Twitter. It connects to Twitter’s approved API to collect data in bulk and makes it possible for scholars, students, and librarians to identify, select, collect, and preserve Twitter data for research purposes.
The application code is open source and available on github.
- Installation and Configuration
- Daily operations
- Management commands
- Working with supervisor and streams
- Use Cases
- Data Dictionary
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Social Feed Manager capture photos and other media embedded in tweets?
- How far back in time does SFM go when collecting a TwitterUser’s tweets?
- Does Social Feed Manager capture the followers list?
- Do I have to set up supervisord in order to use filterstreams or streamsample?
- The number of retweets in a TwitterItem is inconsistent with the number of retweets shown on the tweet in Twitter. Why?
- Does the SFM web interface provide a way to view the files generated by filterstream and streamsample?
- When I click on the link to view a raw tweet, it’s difficult to read in my browser.
- Can I set this up on a Mac?
- Release Notes